Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Looking Back

Rather than making up for every post I may have missed, rather than begging for more points by posting over and over in the next few hours, I would look back on the semester and laugh at every seeming digression, every oddity, every singular moment of true joyfulness. I've been looking through my notes. Every time some phrase catches my ear or makes me laugh, I jot it down, right next to heady discussions on Plato or Euripedes. I'd like to post them here.



First, I'll post some drawings I made in my sketchbook during class or about something we said. There aren't many, but one in particular always makes me laugh (if i do say so myself). =D It's about "A tree. A rock. A cloud" (i think that title's right....)



This second one is just some quotes from Plato I jotted down with a few sketches I did in class:

Here are more random moments, quotes, etc. from the semester:

"There are no boring things, only boring people."

"It's the ordinary things that change our lives."

"I was there."

(music) "it is not some academic thing we study; it is the heart and soul of who we are"

"make mischief and make music!"

"Hermes lives. His name is now Stewie."

"that which is awesome is awful"

"we all share these things, and some of us have the scars to prove it"

"Here for a moment and then it's gone, fleeting like a light between the womb and the tomb, is life"

"We don't have problems anymore. We have issues!!"

"We need to transcend this kind of world to get to what's important"

"our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting"

"What did you do in classical literature today? ...We felt rocks."

"I know how to hover. I do it fairly well"

"We need to explain to stupid people that they're stupid."

"I've been teaching now for.....good God" =D

"that's cool!! Like dolphins!"

"ignorance is not bliss; it's oblivion. If you want oblivion, then be ignorant."

"We've stricken two questions from Jillian. Stricken? I was about to say stroked!"

"we don't have real tests in this class. So the answer is? Stag."

"it really is a horse of a different color! ..... where were we.....Oh, Aristotle!"

"there is no resolution. you never get your shit together. EVER."

"father may I sleep with you? If you incest! .....sorry."

"Jupiter says, 'Oh my god!' Wait, he can't say that. He is a god. He says, 'Oh my!!'"

"you're sort of......sorry about this, stupid."

"There are no people! There are only these machines that do these horrible things to you!"

"Would you get the door here? I fear there are people...listening in." =D

(And of course, from the group presentations the other day: "Nothing says love like a flaming toilet.")

No comments:

Post a Comment